At the Digiday Video Anywhere Summit last November, we sat down with 76 industry leaders from major U.S. media companies to discuss the growing importance of over-the-top video. Check out our research on the future of video monetization on Facebook here. Learn more about our upcoming events here.
- Ninety-six percent of respondents expect more digital media companies to produce either TV or OTT content.
- Content discoverability and audience reach were the two most-cited challenges associated with creating content for OTT platforms.
- Fifty-four percent of respondents said mobile video was the core focus of their future video strategy.
- Eighty-one percent said they are looking to increase OTT content.
- Sixty-four percent either already have an app or are creating one for their OTT content.
- Nearly two-thirds believe legacy publishers pose a threat to digitally native publishers in online video.
Most digitally native companies are expected to produce linear TV or OTT content
In 2017 publishers were forced to recognize their businesses could not be supported by digital ads alone. Being born and maturing solely online no longer guarantees that a company will be able to navigate complex and changing digital advertising markets.