Yesterday Digiday gathered top media executives, buyers and marketers from digital agencies at the inaugural Digiday Agency summit in New York to discuss the current state of digital buying and what’s on the horizon in 2012. Panel discussions included topics like “A Publisher’s Guide to Fixing Agencies,” “The Agency Model is Broken – Or Is It?” and the Hypebusters panel on “The Shifts Ahead as Agencies Automate.” Here are some notable quotes from Digiday Agency.
• “The agency business is like Tim Tebow: Everyone thinks we’re screwed, but here we are in the fourth quarter still winning.” –- Rob Norman, CEO, GroupM
• “Just because you can measure it, doesn’t mean you should.” – Nate Woodman, COO, Adnetik
• “There’s so much VC money being put to use with sneaker-designing parties.” — Eric Franchi, co-founder, Undertone
• “Big is good, only if big is smart.” — Rob Norman, CEO, GroupM, on the Yahoo-AOL-Microsoft ad alliance
• “I don’t believe you can be in the digital space now unless you make things.”– Jean-Philippe Maheu, CEO, Publicis Modem
• “You have to go from being the pilot to being the stewardess.” — Lars Bastholm, chief creative officer, Cheil USA
• “The fact that we’re still talking about the click-through rate, it’s like the world is flat.” — Aaron Broder, CEO of Evolve Media
• “Even if you are a brand advertiser, your goal is to drive people into a store to purchase.” -– Brian Lesser, CEO, Xaxis
• “Culture of fail is embraced — fail quickly but hope that one of the campaigns takes off.” — Darren Herman managing director, kbs+p Ventures, on agencies as VCs
• “It was an incredibly effective mechanism of trade.” — Quentin George, chief innovation officer, IPG Mediabrands, on the famed role of three-martini lunch in the ad process
Skills shortages and legal uncertainty curtail marketers’ in-house ambitions for programmatic
IAB Europe survey reveals a significant in-housing slowdown with only 16% of marketers employing it as a model for programmatic trading.
This charging company wants to reach electric vehicle drivers with digital displays
A company that makes charging stations for electric vehicles, Volta, is aiming to attract current drivers to electric vehicles with its educational ad spots through its social media channels, website, and OOH network.
TikTok claims to clean up its feeds as it increases the removal of fake accounts, ads and pre-teen users
Tens of millions of fake or underage accounts, millions of ads and more than 100 million videos were removed in Q2 for violating TikTok’s policies.
SponsoredHow FAST channels are redefining primetime opportunities for advertisers
Sponsored by Vevo With the competition from content providers continuing to build, the traditional primetime TV slots are no longer guaranteeing the mass audiences they once did. Television viewership is evolving, and the primetime window of 8–11 p.m. is less broadly reflective of younger audiences’ content consumption habits. In 2022, attracting TV viewers is a […]
Member ExclusiveDigiday+ Research: Brands and agencies agree they are confident in Google, but differ on ad spend
Digiday surveyed 90 brand and agency professionals in the third quarter to find out how their marketing spend lines up with their confidence that Google drives success as a marketing channel.
Tech firm touts new way to generate first-party data for agencies, publishers without privacy-compliance issues
FullThrottle’s Audience Flume product has been in market for more than a year, but is just being formally rolled out. The company is still awaiting a formal patent.