LinkedIn was once a steady referral source for publishers. But that’s changed as the social network for businesspeople has poured efforts into becoming a publisher in its own right. Across 1,000 publishers, referral traffic plunged 44 percent in the first eight months of 2015, according to SimilarReach. It’s a cautionary tale for publishers as they find themselves increasingly reliant on social platforms for traffic in a distributed world.
Category Archives: Publishers
- Snapchat charging brands for video ads viewed less than a second, according to buyers
- 10 agency Instagram accounts worth checking out
- How The New York Times gets a 70 percent open rate on its newsletters
- The traffic LinkedIn drives to publishers has dropped 44 percent this year
- A copywriter decodes agency rituals and jargon for newbies
Get Digiday Daily