Vox Media has raised $110 over the past six years, and is reportedly about to raise more — raising the question of how they’re going to produce the revenue to justify it. Vox took in around $50 million in revenue last year, according to a Washington Post estimate, half what BuzzFeed claims to have made. Ad buyers say they’re bullish on the company because of its premium sheen, millennial readers and slick publishing tech, but its low visibility could impede its growth.
Category Archives: Publishers
- Confessions of agency interns: ‘It’s just banner ads and tweets’
- Parents are scorching mad on social media over Jessica Alba’s crappy sunscreen
- Agency execs tell us what their smartphone home screens reveal about them
- Publishers are hiring Snapchat specialists
- Bon Appétit readers do not like their covers turned into ads
Get Digiday Daily