Salon’s a vestige of a Web era long gone. It was launched in 1995 and has had money concerns ever since. But it has attempted a turnaround in recent years by focusing on a broader range of coverage, tech and mobile. Leading the charge is CEO (and CTO) Cindy Jeffers, who has injected more tech into Salon’s editorial. “Tech has been a key part of building the business over the past few years,” she said on this week’s Digiday Podcast.
Category Archives: Publishers
- I work in advertising, but I still block ads
- Instagram video ads called ‘highly efficient’ at 2 cents a view
- Instagram’s update to its messaging tool means the end of ‘@-mentioning’ friends
- Verizon unveils new logo, bores people and rivals to tears
- How ‘Keep Calm and Carry On’ became a global phenomenon
Get Digiday Daily