Daily August 9
Barely a week has passed since the announcement that the third-party cookie’s execution has been stayed further and there’s already evidence that ad execs are using it as an excuse to slow down preparation plans.
- Global chief Megan Clarken explains how IPONWEB will advance Criteo’s retail media play as third-party cookies continue the long march towards deprecation.
- Vox Media expanded the purview of CRO Ryan Pauley’s role beyond ad sales to also encompass consumer revenue, affiliate and commerce businesses. He talks about this and more in the latest episode of the Digiday Podcast.
- Ad agency execs and pitch consultants say that, overall, marketers seem to be cautious, pulling back on budgets and focusing on project work rather than agency-of-record pitches. Read more in this week’s Marketing Briefing.
- Publishers including Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, Gizmodo and Money are investing in more reporters to cover cryptocurrencies and the blockchain.
- Google and Samsung have released their latest co-marketing effort, which takes advantage of early-aughts nostalgia and taps TikToker Addison Rae as a muse for the Gen-Z crowd.
- Sectors that took off earlier in the pandemic are seeing a slowdown in advertising spend as companies face a possible recession.