- Angel investor and co-founder of LinkedIn Reid Hoffman sees data as the key to the future. He says that entrepreneurs and technologists who seek innovation need to understand the nuances of data in the information age. Fast Company
- If Google needs data, it throws a party. Seventy Kenyan women went to a Google-sponsored ladies mapping party at Nairobi’s iHub in February to help fill in missing local information like schools, markets, and roads. RWW
- Social media analytics: study shows that Facebook likes are more profitable than Tweets. Mashable
- You put it out there, they monitor and sell it. Who owns social media data, you or Big Data services companies? PC World
- The EU Commission is proposing more extensive amendments to data privacy laws including ‘the right to be forgotten’, which would allow users of services like Facebook to have their personal data completely erased. ITProPortal
More in Media
In this week’s Media Briefing, publishing executives share how the task forces they created earlier this year to oversee generative AI guidelines and initiatives have expanded to include more people across their organizations.
News publishers hesitate to commit to investing more into Threads next year despite growing engagement
News publishers are cautious to pour more resources into Threads, as limited available data makes it difficult to determine whether investing more into the platform is worth it.