- Angel investor and co-founder of LinkedIn Reid Hoffman sees data as the key to the future. He says that entrepreneurs and technologists who seek innovation need to understand the nuances of data in the information age. Fast Company
- If Google needs data, it throws a party. Seventy Kenyan women went to a Google-sponsored ladies mapping party at Nairobi’s iHub in February to help fill in missing local information like schools, markets, and roads. RWW
- Social media analytics: study shows that Facebook likes are more profitable than Tweets. Mashable
- You put it out there, they monitor and sell it. Who owns social media data, you or Big Data services companies? PC World
- The EU Commission is proposing more extensive amendments to data privacy laws including ‘the right to be forgotten’, which would allow users of services like Facebook to have their personal data completely erased. ITProPortal
How A+E Networks cross-promotes podcasts to improve discovery
A+E promotes its podcasts to grow an audience by marketing the shows to its TV audience and finding outside partnerships.
Overheard at Dmexco 2022
Ad tech's jamboree in Germany is back IRL after two years with dissenting voices striking a note of caution.
Member ExclusiveDigiday+ Research: What are publishers’ priorities heading into Q4?
Digiday asked publisher professionals what their business priorities will be in the next six months, as economic uncertainty persists and Q4 rapidly approaches.
Sponsored<strong>How marketers are responding to shoppers’ wants this holiday season</strong>
Matthew Tilley, executive director, marketing, Vericast With the holidays right around the corner, the economy may force some consumers to adjust their plans and stretch their dollars even further. While some shoppers may rein in their spending, others will still go all out despite a cloudy economic outlook. Given the current economic climate, consumers are […]
NBC News, Remezcla drive site traffic through search and social
Remezcla has seen 48% of its Gen Z audience reach the site through search, and for NBC News, Snapchat has become a top-five traffic driver in the last few months.
Why IMAX is acquiring AI-driven video company SSIMWAVE
The acquired company provides media and entertainment companies with AI-driven video quality solutions to help minimize image quality issues on streaming services.