- Unifying customer data: e-mail marketing software company Constant Contact acquired social CRM company Bantam Live for $15 million. Direct Marketing News
- The Pentagon wants to spend $500 million to research new cyber security technologies including cloud computing and encrypted data processing. Bloomberg
- Retailers want to get more personal with their customers. AdAge
- Targeted ads on social networks could improve clickthrough rates. The Financial
- Online video services are looking more and more attractive to advertisers for targeted advertising opportunities. Multichannel News
Why media agencies are prioritizing building privacy expertise this year as a host of new laws roll out
With privacy restrictions tightening, agencies are faced with having to step up their privacy practices this year.
Media Briefing: Market check on which ad categories are spending on publisher campaigns
Travel, auto and CPG are all spending with publishers this quarter, while tech, finance and beauty seem to be keeping their wallets shut.
Dentsu’s podcast celebrating Black empowerment tries to do its part to fill the advertising inequity gap
The Dentsu-backed More Than That with Gia Peppers kicked off season 3 last week, featuring several major advertisers (and Dentsu clients) including Procter & Gamble, General Motors, Kroger and Mastercard.
SponsoredAdvertising predictions that will shake up the media industry in 2023
Chris Kelly, CEO, Upwave Like many people, marketers and advertisers were ready to see 2022 come to a close. A year that started off promising was assailed by inflation, layoffs and the disastrous effects of RSV, the flu and additional COVID strains. Still, despite an uncertain outlook for 2023, there are plenty of reasons for […]
The Athletic’s Sebastian Tomich is looking beyond ads and subscriptions to reach profitability
The Athletic's path to profitability is set for 2025, and to achieve this goal, chief commercial officer Sebastian Tomich is focused on more than just selling ads directly to prospective advertisers.
How newsroom unions intervene when members get laid off
Amid the recent wave of media layoffs, here are some of the ways newsroom unions are intervening.