Introducing Aquila, Facebook’s solar-powered drone that will beam Internet over desolate places. Yesterday, the world’s largest social network publicly unveiled the 800 pound drone for the first time, which is a key component to its Internet.org initiative. Some say, however, that Facebook’s reasoning isn’t as altruistic as it wants you to believe. The real reason? It’s running out of people to sign up and this is it’s last hope, says a former exec.
Category Archives: Platforms
- Confessions of agency interns: ‘It’s just banner ads and tweets’
- Parents are scorching mad on social media over Jessica Alba’s crappy sunscreen
- Bon Appétit readers do not like their covers turned into ads
- Agency execs tell us what their smartphone home screens reveal about them
- Publishers are hiring Snapchat specialists
Get Digiday Daily