The audio landscape is maturing, with listenership growing alongside advertisers’ expectations for the medium. Last week, executives from Pandora, Spotify and Triton Digital discussed progress, frustrations and opportunities in the music-streaming industry. We learned a number of things: 4 million people are streaming digital audio at any given moment, according to upcoming research from Triton Digital; 40 percent of digital audio impressions are still “dumb,” meaning they don’t have location or demographic data attached to them; the music streamers are pushing for new ad campaign performance indicators, trying to edge marketers off of click-through rates; and programmatic advertising is coming to audio, slowly.
Category Archives: Platforms
- Post-mortem: Why Scientology’s ‘Going Clear’ Twitter attack backfired
- Why UX is the next battlefront in the war for agency talent
- Target makes art out of products in pop-up store
- Copyranter: Stop hiring journalists to write native ads
- Confessions of a Comcast customer service rep: ‘I don’t personally care.’