UK January 20
In Graphic Detail is an ongoing series from Digiday that takes a “show, don’t tell” approach to covering the biggest trends in media and advertising. We tackle our first one on the consolidation of gaming below.
- Gaming is in the midst of an M&A arms race. The protracted pandemic has made sure of that.
- This week’s Digiday+ Media Briefing looks at why some publishers would prefer to completely reset the online ad market amid the third-party cookie’s demise rather than repeat the problems the cookie introduced.
- A Q&A with Brandtech Group CEO David Jones on building a business for the ‘post-advertising’ world.
- Axios’s first hybrid event of 2022 will be a two-day summit tied to its What’s Next newsletter, and it is not allowing brands to buy virtual-only sponsorships.
- Jellysmack, one of the largest creators of social video on the internet, is trying to use its insights to make real-life celebs more internet-famous.