Daily June 22
Publishers have headed to Cannes armed with first-party data, and marketers seem willing to hear them out. This year could be different for publishers, after all.
- The Trade Desk has inked a deal to integrate Unified ID 2.0 with Amazon Web Services as the ad tech company continues to further the rollout of the email-based identifier.
- Marketers and advertisers are flirting with working in the metaverse — despite many marketers not even knowing what that means yet. Read about this and more in today’s Cannes Briefing.
- This week’s Digiday+ Future of TV Briefing features an interview with Vox Media Studios’ chief creative officer Chad Mumm, who talks about the media company’s latest show and how the production business has evolved.
- Arun Kumar, chief data and marketing technology officer for IPG, is an outspoken defender of marketers’ right to gather data on consumers in ethical ways, and is a big believer that marketers need to speak up now, before further privacy legislation is crafted. He discusses this in today’s Digiday Podcast from Cannes.
- A new activation from Timberland shows the brand’s decision to plunge further into the metaverse, validating Epic Games’ game-powered vision for the concept in the process.