Read Digiday’s most popular stories of the year
It was a great year at Digiday. Our traffic was up 185 percent from 2012. Here are the stories that were the most popular this year:
1. Bank of America’s Epic Twitter Fail
2. 15 Alarming Stats About Banner Ads
3. 38 Signs You’ve Been in Advertising Agencies Too Long
4. 20 Surefire Ways to Anger Creatives
5. 5 Ways Brands Are Cutting Out Agencies
6. What a $4 Mil. Super Bowl Ad Could Buy in Digital
7. The 10 Worst People in Digital Media
8. For Politico High Traffic is ‘Overrated’
9. 30 Signs You’ve Been in Ad Sales Too Long
10. What Online Ads Really Cost
11. 15 Stats Brands Should Know About Millennials
12. 6 Creative Ad Agency Resumes
13. Zenith to Ad Sellers: Please Order Food
14. 15 Stats Brands Should Know About Online Video
15. 24 Signs You Are Definitely a Social Media Guru
16 The Winners and Losers of Publicis Omnicom
17. Is This the Worst Page on the Internet?
19. Google Takes Its Tracking Into the Real World
20. Dark Google Vexes Publishers
Image via Shutterstock
Dentsu’s new Web3 readiness tool shines light on the tech’s potential to complement AI
Dentsu's Innovation Initiative is launching a web3 readiness index next month — at a time when the industry is obsessed with AI. Could the two technologies actually make a good pair?
Digiday+ Research deep dive: Publishers large and small put their resources into first-party data
Eighty-two percent of publishers overall say they're already using first-party data to prepare for the end of the third-party cookie, and nearly half are requiring users to register and integrating first-party data segments into DSPs – indicating that first-party data is the clear path forward for publishers heading into the post-cookie world.
Media Briefing: Why publishers hope chatbots will be the latest retention tool
Publishers hope the chatbots they are developing will be the latest retention tool to keep readers onsite and to get them to consume more content.
SponsoredHow enterprise-grade CDPs are enhancing data processes and improving customer experiences
Produced in partnership with Marketecture The following article highlights an interview between Martin Kihn, Salesforce’s senior vice president of Marketing Cloud, and Ari Paparo, founder and CEO of Marketecture Media. Register to watch more of the discussion and learn how brands are making the most of enterprise-grade CDP technologies. As brands expand across channels and […]
How programmatic advertising will evolve this year on the heels of audio growth and privacy changes
Comscore’s programmatic division Proximic released a State of Programmatic study highlighting the growth of audio and podcasting, other digital advertising channels and challenges around third-party data.
Why podcasters are selling subscriptions through third-party vendors
Many podcasters are turning to third party platforms like Supporting Cast and Supercast to launch or grow their subscription businesses beyond Spotify or Apple.