UK January 5
When NBCUniversal hired Kelly Abcarian in April 2021, after she spent 16 years working at Nielsen, the announcement sent a signal that the Comcast-owned media conglomerate was looking to step up its measurement work. NBCUniversal has since assumed a lead position when it comes to measurement. This is the third story in a Digiday series that will look at the people and companies at the center of media’s defining storylines. Read more below.
- In an industry overrun with thought leaders, announcements and calls to action often don’t amount to much, but Abcarian’s message — coming from an executive of her background and a company of NBCU’s stature — is resonating.
- Here are 5 questions that will shape the future of TV in 2022. More in this Digiday+ Future of TV Briefing.
- Advertisers are on alert as cookie consent concerns rise.
- To become sustainable in the long term, esports organizations are experimenting with an ever-expanding variety of revenue streams.
- 2022 spells more podcast partnerships for publishers as the audio field gets noisy.
- How a regional grocery chain is using Facebook live shopping to get in front of more online shoppers.
- With CES debut, L’Oréal seeks to reinvent hair-dye application with the Colorsonic at-home device.
- Best Buy launches its own in-house media network.
- OPI teams up with Xbox for global nail polish collab. More in this story from our sister site, Glossy.