Daily May 17
Only 10% of marketers who bought into the first-generation of customer data platforms believed their purchases were fit for purpose with even less (1%) certain such technology will stand up to the requirements of tomorrow. Despite 66% of marketers classifying CDPs as a “strategic priority” many find such technologies fall short of requirements. Read more here.
- Google’s vp of product for YouTube, display, video and app ads Tim Craycroft fielded questions about the digital video platform’s CTV ad pitch, YouTube Shorts ad test, measurement efforts and shoppable video plans.
- Hearst UK’s Ryan Buckley and Faye Turner are testing everything from 50,000-person panels to clean rooms to find a replacer to third-party cookies.
- Airbnb just created new features to allow users to find homes more conveniently. Here’s a look at the marketing rollout of it in this Digiday+ Marketing Briefing.
- Despite significant declines in BuzzFeed Inc.’s commerce business, overall revenue was up, due to increases in the company’s advertising and content arms.
- An OAAA study found that OOH is on par with other media in eliciting action from those consumers who recall seeing the ads. And since it’s much less costly, it’s a more effective means of influencing consumers.
Digiday Media Presents: Commerce Week:
- Today: Beginning at 12 p.m. ET, Modern Retail managing editor Anna Hensel will lead a special Commerce Week Town Hall where we’ll identify the biggest challenges facing commerce leaders and offer solutions. If you haven’t already, RSVP for a commerce week event below to join us.
- On Thursday, leaders from BuzzFeed, Vox Media and Vice will offer an inside look into how they’re driving revenue from affiliate, brand partnerships and even proprietary merchandise at Digiday’s Commerce for Publishers Forum. RSVP for this virtual event for free here.
- Today: Modern Retail will host an exclusive panel with Neighborhood Goods in New York City to unpack how curation has evolved and the ways brands are trying to stand out. Learn more here.
- Tomorrow: Leaders from Vuori, Touchland and more will share honest insight into how they’re acquiring customers at the Modern Retail Omnichannel Forum. RSVP for free here to join us virtually.