Daily February 9
On the one hand, publishers see potential upside for their ads businesses thanks to Google’s latest Privacy Sandbox update. On the other hand, they wonder whether it improves anything at all. Read more below.
- Google’s pitch could potentially make publisher first-party data a lot more attractive to advertisers since what’s being proposed isn’t as granular.
- The emergence of the Samsung Gaming Hub could be the tipping point for the mainstream adoption of game streaming services. Whether or not it succeeds, it’s likely to push other smart TV manufacturers to put more resources into the gaming community.
- This week’s Digiday+ Future of TV Briefing looks at the image issue that over-the-air TV network owners need to confront.
- The ugly truth for the marketing and media industry is that there remain more obstacles to true omnichannel marketing than progress.
- Why DTC brand Omaha Steaks remains bullish on Facebook and Instagram advertising.
- Health and wellness publishers are landing more deals and ad revenue from advertisers in categories like auto, alcohol and cosmetics.