Daily February 8
With M&A activity on the rise in gaming and esports, some observers believe that many of today’s leading esports organizations will inevitably evolve into holding companies. Depending on who you ask, this is either the hottest or coldest take in esports. Read more below.
- At the moment, esports organizations across the world are in the midst of transitioning from a focus on competition to a holding company model — all while shouting their love for competition from the rooftops to maintain brand legitimacy.
- Here’s why Lauren Williams left Vox as editor-in-chief to create news nonprofit Capital B which aims to report on issues like politics, criminal justice and health specifically for Black people.
- More than 40% of publishers said they lost talent to the Great Resignation in 2021, according to the latest Digiday+ Research.
- While sweepstakes prizes are nothing new – marketers, especially those without a spot airing during the Big Game, have used the chance to win something to get consumer attention around the Super Bowl for years. More in this Digiday+ Marketing Briefing.
- IAB Tech Lab unveils new working group to tackle evolving consent frameworks.
From our sister site, WorkLife:
- Office romances take on new meaning after CNN president’s resignation.