- Brands need to start learning how to harness social media data. MarketingWeek
- Beware, hackers are targeting smartphones. TechEye
- Google is adding local product availability data to Google Place Pages. Search Engine Land
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is investing in new supercomputers for improved weather and climate forecasting data and making information available to the public through Web portals. Information Week
- Email marketers need to take data security seriously. ClickZ
More in Media
Digiday+ Research: Publishers’ programmatic revenue didn’t shake out the way they’d hoped, but it’s still a bright spot
Digiday+ Research found that publishers’ programmatic ad revenue didn’t quite live up to expectations this year, but they still see it as a growth area.
For a couple of publishers, referrals from Google are down upwards of 60%.
Lacking financial incentives, sustainability remains a hope, not a promise, in digital advertising next year
Reducing carbon emissions from the digital ad ecosystem is an important priority, but various players are skeptical that much can — and is — being done to practice sustainability.