It’s that time again when we’ve come across a new batch of ridiculous job titles in the digital media industry. As always, these done-up titles will make you scratch your head or roll your eyes.
1. Director of Invention: OK, Tesla, back to the drawing board.
2. Consumerologist: Hmm, studying consumers: That sounds an awful lot like an already existing job title. You’ve probably heard of it: marketer.
3. Chief Visionary Officer: How do you look people in the eye and seriously tell them that you are a chief visionary officer?
4. Creativity analyst: Adding “analyst” to a job title might make it sounds more serious and more like a higher-paying position, but I’m willing to bet that creative analysts don’t make as much as financial analysts.
5. Meme Director: Man, this one takes the cake. Must be hard keeping track of the latest cute animal pics and philosoraptor musings.
More in Media
The Financial Times has launched another lower-priced, subscription-based mobile app product a year after the debut of FT Edit to reach international readers.
Publishers are starting to apply AI to their sales operations.
The agency accused the e-commerce giant of conducting a range of anticompetitive behaviors that hurt both shoppers and sellers.