Twitter has grand ambitions as a media company. Its execs shared a number of eye-opening stats that pertain to brands. Here are the best:
- 400 million: tweets per day
- 200 million: monthly active users of the services on a 30-day basis
- 100 million: that figure a year ago
- 33,000: tweets per second in Japan during New Years
- 6: median number of brands users follow
- 95 percent: public conversations about TV shows that happen on Twitter
- 80 percent: users on mobile in the UK and Japan
- 78 percent: how much more likely mobile users are to retweet a brand
- 60 percent: users on mobile in the U.S.
- 53 percent: increase in purchase intent from users who saw a promoted tweet
- 50 percent: Super Bowl advertisers with hashtags in their commercials
- 50 percent: Americans who see, read or hear about a tweet every day
- 12 percent: higher the click rate for brand tweets with price in whole dollars
- 17 percent: higher the click rate for tweets with a question mark
- 1-3 percent: engagement rates on Twitter ads
More in Marketing
Less competition for ad inventory means lower prices, but at the cost of associating with a platform facing ethical challenges.
In the packed DealBook conference in New York yesterday, owner Elon Musk bluntly told them to shove it.
WorkTok, or CareerTok, is in full force. Combined, those hashtags on TikTok have over four billion views and it is benefiting Gen Z.