15 Twitter Stats Brands Should Know
Twitter has grand ambitions as a media company. Its execs shared a number of eye-opening stats that pertain to brands. Here are the best:
- 400 million: tweets per day
- 200 million: monthly active users of the services on a 30-day basis
- 100 million: that figure a year ago
- 33,000: tweets per second in Japan during New Years
- 6: median number of brands users follow
- 95 percent: public conversations about TV shows that happen on Twitter
- 80 percent: users on mobile in the UK and Japan
- 78 percent: how much more likely mobile users are to retweet a brand
- 60 percent: users on mobile in the U.S.
- 53 percent: increase in purchase intent from users who saw a promoted tweet
- 50 percent: Super Bowl advertisers with hashtags in their commercials
- 50 percent: Americans who see, read or hear about a tweet every day
- 12 percent: higher the click rate for brand tweets with price in whole dollars
- 17 percent: higher the click rate for tweets with a question mark
- 1-3 percent: engagement rates on Twitter ads
Why Adidas treats esports deals like media partnerships, not sponsorship deals
The versatility of esports allows for a much wider demographic than other sports and entertainment.
‘Must be a better way’: Why Mother is getting into the media business with new independent agency
The idea was born out of frustration with the current media agency landscape and more requests for integrated media and creative for new business pitches.
Fashion brands are abandoning traditional org charts in favor of ‘fluid’ teams
Rather than hiring full-time for specific roles, companies are enlisting workers with expertise in many areas and supplementing them with outside experts.
SponsoredThe evolution of shoppable content lies in social media streams
With the physical and social aspects of shopping stripped away due to various lockdown restrictions around the globe, shoppable social media is poised to fill the void. In a recent example, Instagram launched its Reels and Shop tab for users to connect with brands and creators — and to discover products. The social media platform will […]
‘People won’t question our ability’: Why performance marketing agencies want to create their own DTC brands
Agencies like Boomn, Homestead Studios and Freelance Crew, among others, expect to debut new DTC brands during Q1 this year.
‘Not a place for takeovers’: Pepsi amps up Triller marketing plans
The advertiser is coming to the end of a six-week hip-hop talent competition it has been streaming on Triller to promote its wild cherry-flavored cola.