15 Twitter Stats Brands Should Know
Twitter has grand ambitions as a media company. Its execs shared a number of eye-opening stats that pertain to brands. Here are the best:
- 400 million: tweets per day
- 200 million: monthly active users of the services on a 30-day basis
- 100 million: that figure a year ago
- 33,000: tweets per second in Japan during New Years
- 6: median number of brands users follow
- 95 percent: public conversations about TV shows that happen on Twitter
- 80 percent: users on mobile in the UK and Japan
- 78 percent: how much more likely mobile users are to retweet a brand
- 60 percent: users on mobile in the U.S.
- 53 percent: increase in purchase intent from users who saw a promoted tweet
- 50 percent: Super Bowl advertisers with hashtags in their commercials
- 50 percent: Americans who see, read or hear about a tweet every day
- 12 percent: higher the click rate for brand tweets with price in whole dollars
- 17 percent: higher the click rate for tweets with a question mark
- 1-3 percent: engagement rates on Twitter ads
‘The data strategies of these companies aren’t progressive enough’: 10 Confessions on the pivot to privacy
An inside view of how privacy changes are having big consequences throughout advertising.
Why companies are using virtual concerts to introduce their users to the metaverse
Music is a spectacle, but it’s also a deeply social experience, a pairing of traits that experts believe make virtual concerts a perfect fit for companies looking to showcase the metaverse to skeptical users.
Member ExclusiveMarketing Briefing: ‘Not a hypothetical problem’: ANA CEO Bob Liodice on why there needs to be a unified effort to combat hate speech
This week, GARM and the ANA announced they are working with Pernod Ricard to scale that initiative working with brands and social platforms as well as small and medium-sized businesses.
SponsoredHow retailers can be ready for holiday shoppers this year
Suchi Sastri, managing director and partner, Boston Consulting Group As the holiday season approaches and the pandemic continues to evolve, retailers want to know what to expect. Will e-commerce continue to grow at the rate it did last year? How big of a role will in-store shopping play in holiday shopping? While it’s still early, […]
As non-endemic brands eye the gaming space, a lack of industry standards is delaying their arrival
The caution with which some brands still approach the gaming industry -- and the need for better industry standards to help brands feel more informed -- were recurring themes at last week’s Digiday Gaming Advertising Forum.
Cheat Sheet: How Apple’s ATT is giving it more influence over ad dollars
The signs that Apple is building an ads business is there — here is what we actually know.