5 reasons why you should attend the Digiday Agency Summit
The Digiday Agency Summit in New Orleans is fast approaching. From March 1-3, top executives from over two dozen agencies like Mindshare, Universal McCann and Havas will convene to discuss the future of the agency business. Here are the main topics on the agenda:
1) Agency culture is in crisis. Case in point: our top story of 2014. Agency staffers are overworked, underpaid, and undervalued, and as a result, leave the agency world quickly. But paying for happy hours isn’t the solution to such a deep-rooted problem. Jon Jackson, a speaker at October’s Agency Summit in Nashville and executive creative director at digital agency Huge, puts it this way: “A beer fridge is nice. But the opportunity to do multi-category leading work is always better.” At the Agency Summit, we’re devoting the first day to tackling these issues, with input from talent officers from FCB and Havas WorldWide.
2) In a world of constant deadlines, technological lags, and operational challenges, how can you slow down and really think about the future? On March 3, Sophie Kleber, executive director of product and innovation at Huge, will lead a Hot Topic session covering five things agencies should know about innovation.
3) Major holding companies are throwing millions of dollars at financing startup ventures, but whether these investments will have a significant impact on their digital prowess is anyone’s guess. So how should an agency prioritize? Rohit Thawani, director of social & digital at TBWA\LA, will lead a session on the bewildering array of platforms and networks to choose from and help you separate the wheat from the chaff.
4) Clients trust agencies less than ever, but they need agencies more than ever. These relationships need nurturing and support over a long period of time. In New Orleans, you’ll hear from small agencies like Baldwin& and PMG for whom relationships are their lifeblood.
5) Hundreds of attendees from agencies large and small agree: The Agency Summit is more than worth your time. Engel Baldwin, account director of client services for Jellyfish US, said, “Digiday provides a fun and very engaging environment to better understand how agencies are approaching the same challenges that we all face. The content is shared in a quick and digestible format that keeps things moving and leaves you feeling like you heard a great deal very efficiently.” Get away from the office for three days to share best practices and learn from vendors who can help you achieve your management goals.
Learn more about speakers, topics, and more and purchase your ticket to the Agency Summit in New Orleans, March 1-3.
LiveIntent, UTA, Starface, TRUFF and Sharethrough are nominated for the 2023 Future Leader Awards
The Future Leader Awards, presented by Digiday, Glossy, Modern Retail and WorkLife, recognize the next generation of leaders making significant impacts in their respective industries. This year’s nominees demonstrated the importance of creating engaging content and experiences to meet the needs of both consumers and employees. For example, Victoria Bishara de Leon, director of content […]
PlayStation and MOCEAN, PinkNews, TheSoul Publishing and INNOCEAN USA are 2023 Digiday Video and TV Award winners
This year’s Digiday Video and TV Awards winners focus on diversity and inclusion, with a greater emphasis on representing marginalized groups and more accurate and respectful depictions of diverse communities in television and film. This group of winners has also increased the production of original content — especially long- and short-form video — to reach […]
Barkley, MiQ & iProspect, PinkNews, Chewy and NBC News Custom Productions are among this year’s Digiday Video and TV Awards shortlist nominees
The interest in short-form video content across social media platforms has grown exponentially, with most companies now maximizing engagement through multi-channel means. This year’s Digiday Video and TV Awards finalists focused on diversity and representation, with efforts to accurately and respectfully depict diverse communities in media. They also showed heavy investment in ad tech innovations, […]
SponsoredBrands are optimizing video production to drive user acquisition
Sponsored by QuickFrame by MNTN With brands increasingly investing in video ads on social media, marketers are enhancing their video production capabilities to unlock growth on Facebook and Instagram. Especially urgent in an uncertain economic climate, brands must minimize production costs while creating a high enough volume of social media videos to identify the creative […]
Aveda, Consumer Reports and Harry’s are winners of the 2022 Greater Good Awards
The honorees of this year’s Greater Good Awards, presented by Digiday, Glossy, Modern Retail and WorkLife, recognized the importance of uplifting their local and global communities, wielding resources and platforms to address issues from sustainability to well-being and equality. Many of this year’s entrants and subsequent winners collaborated with other businesses, innovators, thought leaders and […]
McDonald’s, Spotify, Redefine Meat and Nissan are Digiday Marketing and Advertising Awards Europe winners
The list of winners of the 2022 Digiday Marketing and Advertising Awards Europe highlights how companies are leaning on social media and data-based content strategies to drive brand engagement. Sustainability and other meaningful practices remain top priorities for consumers and companies, with many of this year’s entrants and subsequent winners striving to show their commitment […]