UK September 7
The convergence of TV, streaming and digital video has complicated the advertising marketplace in many ways. Among them is managing the ads that are running across TV networks, streaming services, connected TV and digital video platforms and publishers. Enter Ad-ID — actually, reenter Ad-Id. Read an explainer below.
- Ad-ID is a universal ID system for ads that is intended to make it easier for advertisers to manage how individual ads are delivered across media companies and tech platforms.
- The nonprofit organization has compiled a database of 4,500 women of color working in entertainment and runs a program connecting women of color with established industry members.
- Over the past year, makeup and skin-care collabs and brands have been launching practically every week for anyone (or anything) with a following.
- With physical stores closed and e-commerce adoption flourishing, the entire resale category grew 25% in 2020 compared to 2019.
- Salon had seen the nature of its comments section change, as disinformation, misinformation and COVID lies made it harder to moderate.
- The decision to institute mandates has forced employers to weigh the positions of anit-vax employees against those of the majority demanding vaccine protection.
- Ahead of stepping into her new role as CMO of the home service platform Angi’s, career marketer Dhanusha Sivajee talks brand purpose in 2021. More in this Q&A.
- Launched only months before the COVID-19 pandemic began, Court Avenue is expected to reach $13 million in total revenue in 2021 (including acquisitions). More in this week’s Digiday+ Media Buying Briefing.
- When stick-and-ball sports return, players and spectators who transitioned to esports during the COVID-19 pandemic might find that traditional sports simply aren’t as dynamic as they once seemed.