UK October 20
Since its launch in 2016, B/R Gaming, the gaming and esports arm of the popular sports website Bleacher Report, has largely operated independently. But with Bleacher starting to work more closely with other sports properties owned by Turner Broadcasting System, B/R Gaming is evolving. Read more below.
- B/R Gaming’s investment in televised content is proof that linear broadcasting companies are realizing the potential value of the gaming and esports audience.
- The Digiday+ Future of TV Briefing this week features a conversation with Snap’s recently appointed head of original content Vanessa Guthrie about the platform’s original programming strategy as it rolls out a new slate of shows and eyes more international expansion.
- Participants in a breakout session at Digiday’s Media Buying Summit ripped away the proverbial band-aid that might have made anyone feel significant progress is being made on DE&I in the media agency world.
- After 2020, brands got serious about brand safety, taking steps to ensure media placements weren’t appearing alongside harmful content. More about how Dentsu navigated this in this Digiday+ case study.
- Employee resource groups have become a growing presence inside businesses. But those groups’ abilities to bring about change varies greatly.
- YouTube announced a new week-long live stream holiday shopping event, kicking off Nov. 15 in partnership with brands like Samsung, Walmart and Verizon.