UK December 9
Publishers’ conversations about 2022 with advertisers and agencies are underway, and publishers’ first-party data is a newly prominent topic for an unusually wide range of publishers. Read more below.
- Publishers that have long talked about the value of their first-party data are getting closer to learning an actual dollar value.
- Minority stakes bought by Temasek and LionTree will enable Horizon Media founder Bill Koenigsberg to keep building out digital chops and consider foreign expansion.
- This week’s Digiday+ Media Briefing looks at how some publishers are appointing executives to serve as internal ambassadors for their first-party data efforts while others adopt committee-based approaches.
- What was once a quirky feature on Snapchat, is now crucial to its push into e-commerce — one that’s been bubbling away ever since AR Lenses arrived on the app in 2015.
- Decrypt’s new production studio is helping clients create everything from NFTs to permanent metaverse extensions — for a fee.
- This year, Laura Gellar Beauty has spent roughly 80% of its total media budget on Facebook and Instagram, up from between 60-70% of the total media budget last year.
- In 2021, fashion companies have set the pace for brands interested in getting involved in virtual space, while game-based platforms such as Roblox led the charge in the creation of the early metaverse.
- How inclusive design is creating more female-friendly offices.