Daily September 21
DPS recap: Vox Media taps Wright’s Media to take over content licensing for three of its verticals
Content licensing for three of Vox Media’s verticals will soon be handled by Wright’s Media, an agency that works with publishers to grow their licensing businesses. Vox exec Eric Karp talked about the deal at the Digiday Publishing Summit.
- Everyone’s got a 2023 ad spending take. We talked to nine ad execs to hear theirs.
- Female-focused esports can help drive revenue and secure brand partnerships, but initiatives like G2 Hel are only meaningful to both fans and brand partners if they reflect organizations’ genuine efforts to support women in the community.
- This week’s Digiday+ Future of TV Briefing features an interview with Telemundo Streaming Studios’ Juan Ponce on how the market for streaming shows has shifted, with services altering their risk profiles and investment strategies.
- For crypto publisher Decrypt, blockchain has been a key component of multiple campaigns it’s sold to advertisers through its branded content studio. Decrypt’s CRO and president Alanna Roazzi-Laforet discussed this during the Digiday Publishing Summit.
- A look at how Shake Shack put Hot Ones on the menu.
- Agency professionals are heading out to meet in person this fall, and many are even finally returning to the office, according to data from Digiday+ Research.
- Citing some $1.9 trillion in spending power by Gen Z and millennials, Walmart Connect struck partnerships with both Snap and TikTok to offer their ad avails through its demand-side platform.