Daily June 17
The New York Times and Vice Media Group have made Juneteenth an official company holiday this year, joining a host of other publishers. Read more below.
- Apple’s stealth contrasts with Amazon’s volume as Big Tech prepares to step out in style at Cannes Lions.
- Companies have to understand what they celebrate and what culture they are part of in order to achieve long-term success when communicating about Juneteenth.
- Here are a few recommendations for ways to have fun at the Cannes Lions festival — sober style.
- Ahead of the festival, Digiday spoke with Cannes Lions CEO Simon Cook to hear more about how things have changed and what to expect.
- The Los Angeles Times has formed a six-person team to create content on Instagram and TikTok for young, diverse consumers who may not already be part of the news publisher’s audience.