Daily December 14
MediaMath is in talks with several parties over a potential exit with a number of outcomes in prospect including either Magnite or a private equity group ending up as the eventual acquirers of one of the most established names in ad tech, according to sources. Read more below.
- The potential union of MediaMath and Magnite would represent a major consolidation move in the ad tech sector.
- In 2020, Twitter had over 2 billion tweets about video games — a 75% increase year-over-year, according to Rishi Chadha, Twitter’s global head of gaming content partnerships.
- TikTok creates a measurement training program for media agencies, Horizon Media, GroupM and VaynerX sign up.
- Why Yang Adija gamified NFTs to encourage Turner Sports’ audience to embrace the blockchain.
- Digiday asked agency execs and marketers to detail what they believe the marketing hot topics like the metaverse, privacy, CTV, return of travel and more, will be in the coming weeks. More in this Digiday+ Marketing Briefing.
- Publishers aren’t sure whether their plans for life post-third-party cookies will actually work. More in this Digiday+ research.