Daily August 15
BuzzFeed is bringing its first-party data services suite to the UK, Canada, Australia and Latin America.
- What do you need to know about the FTC’s latest crackdown concerning privacy? Digiday is giving you the rundown.
- The Great Resignation is leaving talent shortages across many industries, but media is perhaps seeing the sharp end of this — especially at agencies. More in this Digiday+ Media Buying Briefing.
- Brand safety continues to be one of the more nuanced discussions in online advertising. The same can’t be said for the tech application of it.
- There’s a growing cynicism among agencies, brands and publishers regarding any progress ever being made toward Google’s plan to kill the third-party cookie. This is according to Digiday+ Research, which surveyed industry leaders just days after Google delayed the end of the cookie yet again.
- Hilton wants to re-energize people’s enthusiasm for travel by offering unique travel experiences. The brand is doing just that with Hilton on the Green — a pop-up stay right in the middle of the golf course.
- As remote and hybrid work becomes the norm, performance marketing agency Gupta Media is asking staff to spend more time in the field to boost company culture.
- In today’s DealBook: Truth Social acquisition extended, Lyft’s new media division, Axios bought by Cox and more.