- Security breach: a hacker infiltrated online marketer Epsilon, which controls the customer email databases for U.S. companies, from banks and retailers to student-testing organizations. Customers of effected companies have been warned via email about the data breach. Reuters
- AmEx is launching an analytics tool in the UK to help businesses harness their data for strategic growth plans. MarketingWeek
- Bloomberg opened up NYC’s data to tech entrepreneurs so that they could compete to create the best new web and mobile apps that would use the data in cool and useful ways. The $10,000 grand prize went to Roadify, an app that sends alerts about subway, bus, and driving conditions. CNN
- Swiss courts ruled against Google’s Street View map service in Switzerland, saying that the services infringes on privacy. WSJ
- A grand jury investigation is looking into smartphone apps that shared personal data without the users’ knowledge or permission. Fast Compnay
‘Not the future’: European publishers remain steadfast in blocking alternative IDs to third-party cookies
Some European publishers believe alternatives to the third-party cookies, probabilistic or deterministic, will do more harm than good to their ads businesses.
Media Briefing: Why Leaf Group spun off its media arm into a standalone company
World of Good's newly appointed CEO Lindsey Abramo spoke with Digiday about her plans to lean into experiential and embrace niche vs. scale.
Dentsu’s latest ad report shows slowed growth, driven mostly by inflation
The good news in Dentsu's ad forecast is that there's still growth. The bad news: most of the growth is the result of inflation, while real ad pricing actually dropped a bit.
SponsoredWhat the measurement and currency discussion really means to TV advertisers
Ali Mack, head of TV and agency, Experian Major streaming video providers have recently made headlines by adopting new currencies for ad measurement, threatening Nielsen’s long-standing TV ratings monopoly. NBCUniversal, for example, has certified iSpot and VideoAmp as currencies for advanced audiences and formed the Joint Industry Committee with Paramount, TelevisaUnivision and Warner Bros. Discovery. […]
How chef influencer Tue Nguyen works with the BuzzFeed Creator Network
BuzzFeed's Creator Network has been valuable from an audience and production education standpoint, but Nguyen still drives most of her business on her own.
Dentsu’s new Web3 readiness tool shines light on the tech’s potential to complement AI
Dentsu's Innovation Initiative is launching a web3 readiness index next month — at a time when the industry is obsessed with AI. Could the two technologies actually make a good pair?