Regular old job titles, like vice president, CEO and director of marketing, just aren’t cutting it for some in the digital media industry. Instead, some innovative individuals and companies have taken it upon themselves to revamp job titles to better capture the essence of what certain jobs entail. Here are seven that Digiday has come across.
1. Chief transformation officer: You are the Incredible Hulk?
2. vp of global people operations: Smuggling people across boarders is still illegal, no matter what you call it.
3. Difference maker: How long have you been teaching math and English to children in Uganda? That is really amazing. That is what you do, right? Because it says “difference maker” on your business card. Wait, you do what for brands and marketers? Oh.
4. Chief awesome officer: So you are Guy Fieri?
5. Chief storyteller: You are a kindergarten teacher?
6. Chief get-it-done officer: You probably high-five a lot.
7. Digital prophet: Because guru was already taken, I’m assuming.
Member ExclusiveMedia Briefing: A timeline of media unions’ actions this quarter
Media unions are working to get contracts signed by the end of the year, and are using strikes, pickets and rallies to try and accomplish those goals.
BuzzFeed, Hearst, other publishers, replace lavish holiday parties with more subdued celebrations
BDG, BuzzFeed, Hearst and The Washington Post will host in-person holiday parties this year, though they will not be the stereotypical soirées.
Member ExclusiveMedia Buying Briefing: The latest media agency estimates for 2023 revenue are out and they remain, well, upbeat
Two holding company media agency analysts continue to hold a more positive, if slightly tempered outlook on 2023 given strong results for 2022.
SponsoredHow Comscore is simplifying pre- and post-campaign measurement for advertisers
Produced in partnership with Marketecture The following article provides highlights from an interview between Greg Dale, Comscore’s general manager of digital, and Mike Shields, co-founder of Marketecture. Register for free to watch more of the discussion and learn how advanced advertising measurement is providing advertisers access to the deep data they need across all platforms. […]
The case for and against publishers continuing holiday-specific commerce coverage post-Black Friday weekend
Black Friday is over but publishers are up in the air about whether or not to continue covering holiday sales in the lead up to the holidays.
Why PMG’s Nike win doesn’t seem all that unusual for the indie media agency
The Texas-based independent agency continues to grow its roster of clients after landing Nike's media AOR business for North America.