Regular old job titles, like vice president, CEO and director of marketing, just aren’t cutting it for some in the digital media industry. Instead, some innovative individuals and companies have taken it upon themselves to revamp job titles to better capture the essence of what certain jobs entail. Here are seven that Digiday has come across.
1. Chief transformation officer: You are the Incredible Hulk?
2. vp of global people operations: Smuggling people across boarders is still illegal, no matter what you call it.
3. Difference maker: How long have you been teaching math and English to children in Uganda? That is really amazing. That is what you do, right? Because it says “difference maker” on your business card. Wait, you do what for brands and marketers? Oh.
4. Chief awesome officer: So you are Guy Fieri?
5. Chief storyteller: You are a kindergarten teacher?
6. Chief get-it-done officer: You probably high-five a lot.
7. Digital prophet: Because guru was already taken, I’m assuming.
Media Briefing: What to expect at the Digiday Publishing Summit
As DPS draws nearer, top pain points for publishers are coming to light.
New app launches through Apple hoping to win with ‘zero-party data’ when others haven’t
Caden's new app lets users connect data from their Uber, Amazon, Netflix and other accounts in exchange for money. Will it take off?
‘The next level for us’: The New York Times eyes better retention for games in subscription drive
The games division is focusing on finding new ways to mine the inherent competitive nature of games like encouraging people to play multiple games in a single session or through new achievements and rewards for progression.
SponsoredHow ironSource’s hybrid mediation solution is enhancing mobile ad monetization
Produced in partnership with Marketecture The following article highlights an interview between Nimrod Zuta, ironSource’s senior vice president of product, and Eric Seufert, general partner at Heracles Capital. Register to watch more of the discussion and learn how advertisers are leveraging hybrid mediation solutions to fuel more effective ad monetization. Advertisers are facing a particular […]
In graphic detail: Publishers’ full year 2022 earnings
Looking back at 2022, the hits to publishers' revenue were partially staunched, but by the end of the year nearly all areas of the business felt the impact of the economic downturn.
‘It has to be built in’: How agencies strive to advance their diversity goals
There often is no blueprint for diversity in the corporate world, and many initiatives at media agencies have been works in progress over the last few years.