It’s hard to believe, but the agency execs who you always see quoted or talking at conferences are also regular people.
We wanted to create a fun, lighthearted way to get to know some of the big names in the industry. The idea is to get digital media and agency execs to share fun facts that you wouldn’t know about them from reading their LinkedIn bios.
First up is David Armano, managing director of Edelman Digital in Chicago.
5 Things You Didn’t Know About David Armano
- My name is a mistake. I was supposed to be named “Dennis,” but my dad who speaks broken English (Italian Immigrant) could not pronounce it right. The hospital administrators thought he was saying “David,” and it stuck.
- I love horror movies and science fiction. It’s a huge guilty pleasure. I saw a movie called “Splice” recently and thought it was Oscar worthy.
- I love my Harley-Davidson so much, we named our Boston Terrier “Harley”
- I’m originally from New York. Every time I go back, I have to satisfy cravings for thin crust pizza and egg sandwiches. Pizza outside of the New York area is a travesty.
- I jumped out of a plane once. I don’t understand people who do this more than once. They are very special, and very crazy.
State Farm to skip out on a Super Bowl ad this year, going all in on TikTok instead
With a $7 million price tag, State Farm is skipping out on a traditional Super Bowl spot in favor of a TikTok campaign this year.
Brands stay silent on Tyre Nichols killing as marketers signal it as an industry backslide
Compared to the things that were said and acted upon during the murder of George Floyd and the protests that took place three years ago, many brands have been relatively quiet around Tyre Nichols.
Giant Spoon picks the Super Bowl to test ChatGPT’s marketing chops
As ChatGPT and AI rise in popularity, one marketing agency has chosen the Super Bowl to try out the technology's creative capabilities.
SponsoredAdvertising predictions that will shake up the media industry in 2023
Chris Kelly, CEO, Upwave Like many people, marketers and advertisers were ready to see 2022 come to a close. A year that started off promising was assailed by inflation, layoffs and the disastrous effects of RSV, the flu and additional COVID strains. Still, despite an uncertain outlook for 2023, there are plenty of reasons for […]
How the layoffs at 100 Thieves underscore esports’ creator-executive leadership problems
Esports organizations have long been notorious for elevating professional gamers to more business-focused senior executive roles — and for suffering scandals as a result.
Hyatt, Lacrosse Unlimited, Lulu’s tap college athletes’ authenticity to target Gen Z
Hyatt, Lacrosse Unlimited and Lulu's are among brands highlighting partnerships with college athletes in an effort to reach new consumers, particularly those in the Gen Z cohort.