It’s hard to believe, but the agency execs who you always see quoted or talking at conferences are also regular people.
We wanted to create a fun, lighthearted way to get to know some of the big names in the industry. The idea is to get digital media and agency execs to share fun facts that you wouldn’t know about them from reading their LinkedIn bios.
First up is David Armano, managing director of Edelman Digital in Chicago.
5 Things You Didn’t Know About David Armano
- My name is a mistake. I was supposed to be named “Dennis,” but my dad who speaks broken English (Italian Immigrant) could not pronounce it right. The hospital administrators thought he was saying “David,” and it stuck.
- I love horror movies and science fiction. It’s a huge guilty pleasure. I saw a movie called “Splice” recently and thought it was Oscar worthy.
- I love my Harley-Davidson so much, we named our Boston Terrier “Harley”
- I’m originally from New York. Every time I go back, I have to satisfy cravings for thin crust pizza and egg sandwiches. Pizza outside of the New York area is a travesty.
- I jumped out of a plane once. I don’t understand people who do this more than once. They are very special, and very crazy.
Why regulators are still at odds over ad tech data privacy standards
The problem with attempts to bring order to online advertising’s data industrial complex is how loosely written the rules are.
Member ExclusiveDigiday+ Research: Amazon holds untapped marketing potential for brands, agencies
Digiday's survey revealed a huge difference between how brands and agencies are spending on Amazon and other retail marketing sites compared with how confident they are that those channels drive marketing success.
How brands like Pepsi and American Eagle are investing in original sound marketing on TikTok
Pepsi announced a partnership with singer and actress Chlöe Bailey on Tuesday to release a new version of the song “Footloose,” encouraging TikTok users to join a dance challenge using the sound.
SponsoredHow marketers are tailoring data-driven creative to engage audiences on CTV
Gabriela Maestre, vice president of creative solutions, Tremor International As the end of the year approaches and marketing teams look to finalize their 2023 budgets, many are wondering how to ensure their ads are set up for success in the months ahead, appealing to unique audiences whose media consumption habits continue to evolve. Advances in […]
Evil Geniuses is using its DEI-friendly profile to win business from brand partners like Bud Light, HP and others
Evil Geniuses’ DEI-focused branding allows it to serve as a more palatable alternative to esports organizations embroiled in controversy.
Square wants to reach Hispanic consumers with new Spanish-language marketing push
As Hispanic entrepreneurs and consumers become an increasingly influential part of the U.S. economy, Square — the San Francisco-based fintech company — hopes its new Spanish-language marketing efforts will resonate with small business owners and the communities they serve.