UK October 26
Media organizations have ramped up their climate coverage, but do advertisers care? Speaking to leading publishers, it seems like the results are mixed. “Signaling these priorities to employees, partners and shareholders has become as important as marketing to consumers,” said Brendan Spain, vp of advertising for the Americas at the FT. Read more below.
- BBC, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Group Nine Media and The Economist are seeing more interest from advertisers around climate and sustainability content.
- You may have heard the term “crypto” or “blockchain” come up during a recent business meeting and felt like a fish out of water. This guide will help both media execs and marketers prep for the expected blockchain revolution. More in this Digiday+ guide on the blockchain.
- Condé Nast’s entertainment arm is working more closely with its publications to make articles and short stories into shows and movies.
- Among publishers with affiliate commerce businesses, close to a third of them are skipping one of the most common paths to monetization, according to the latest Digiday+ research.
- Marketers are increasing the investment in influencers and creators for this holiday season, according to influencer marketing and agency execs. It’s their response to marketing amid supply chain issues. More in this week’s Digiday+ Marketing Briefing.
- How FaZe Clan is planning for its next stage of growth after going public.
- Senior execs want to return to an in-person office. Can’t say the same for the rest of the workforce.