UK November 11
The panic over the impact supply chain snafus are having on how many ad dollars are spent during this quarter is probably overdone. Not because there won’t be notable cuts; they have happened and will continue to do so. But those dollars won’t be lost for good. Read more below.
- People expect a shortage, and their panic-drive buying is giving them what they expect. It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy advertisers are trying to stay out in front of for as long as they can.
- This week’s Digiday+ Media Briefing recaps the latest earnings reports from four media companies and reviews what they indicate about the current stages of traditional publishers remaking themselves into digital organizations.
- Two stories of expansion in the broad world of independent agencies and consultancies give rise to the notion that growth has returned to several parts of the globe.
- As data privacy measures continue to put pressure on advertisers to look for alternative ways to target audiences, a DTC brand is experimenting to find what works.
- Starting Jan. 11, full-time employees must come into theSkimm’s New York headquarters three times per month, though the office will be closed Mondays and Fridays. Vaccinations will be required.