UK November 10
Discord is growing. Naturally, brands are flocking there. Chipotle, Jack in the Box, Wendy’s and resale site StockX have all recently debuted in one way or another on the popular chat network, in which users can communicate through a mix of text-and voice-based channels. Read more below.
- As more and more brands look for new channels to build customer loyalty, a new startup has its eye on Discord to organically build up its audience.
- Wanting a boss who’s empathetic may be universal — but trusting that bosses are empathetic is another story.
- The Digiday+ Future of TV Briefing this week looks at the ad prices that Discovery, Disney, NBCUniversal, ViacomCBS and WarnerMedia have set for their standalone streaming services and why advertisers feel compelled to pay up.
- NBCUniversal now has more than 200 active retailers using the One Platform’s commerce tools. More in this Rundown.
- NYT’s Wirecutter union wants a contract signed by the end of the year, with a higher guaranteed wage increase and salary floor. It’s willing to go on strike on the biggest day of the year for the product review and recommendation site.
- Twitter Blue will make it easier for subscribers to spend more time finding, reading and creating long-form content on a platform originally built for micro-blogging.