UK January 19
For many media unions, the latest battleground is not the fight for wage increases or promotions: It’s the return to in-person work. All of this has been exacerbated by the recent wave of COVID-19 infections spurred by the omicron variant. Read more below.
- Media unions demand management come to the bargaining table over RTO plans and are fighting back against office return mandates and dates.
- This week’s Digiday+ Future of TV Briefing looks at the definition of a household dilemma that complicates the industry’s measurement makeover and includes a video skit to illustrate the situation.
- Media optimization has compensated for lackluster creativity online for years. Some advertisers worry that’s increasingly not possible.
- Publishers with diversified businesses are less optimistic about ads growth than those focused purely on advertising. More in this Digiday+ research.
- After going viral on TikTok last year, drink startup Poppi has leveraged influencers to maintain its presence on the short form video app.
From our sister site, WorkLife: