Daily September 27
With the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26) approaching, publishers want to capitalize on the mass attention to the issue by boosting its coverage of all things climate change. Read more below about their strategies.
- Publishers are boosting their coverage of climate change with videos, articles, events and audio.
- A year into her role as Peloton’s svp and head of global marketing, Dara Treseder discusses spinning storytelling in service of community.
- As digital audio continues to grow, and is forecast by eMarketer to hit $5.59 billion in 2021, media buyers and planners are still trying to find ways to make effective use of it. More in this week’s Digiday+ Media Buying Briefing.
- The Federal Trade Commission will begin applying an old rule governing health data privacy and security. Some privacy experts say it’s a convoluted approach that already is causing confusion.
- Enforced working from home has opened many people’s eyes to the potential for flexible working, and for many older people it has offered them a way to defer retirement.
- Axios plans to have local newsletters in 23 markets in 2022. But local news is a challenging undertaking, and many have failed before it. Here’s how Axios is differentiating itself.