Daily October 12
Wellness and self care became a popular topic during the pandemic. We talked with one news organization that turned its breadth of knowledge from the newsroom into a thriving e-commerce business. Read more below.
- Well+Good’s new commerce marketplace is not competing with the Sephoras of the world, but instead is featuring editorial voice and curation.
- Media buyers should focus on brand suitability now that YouTube’s brand safety concerns are not as much of an issue, according to a new report.
- Nearly one third of the publishers that sell subscriptions never offer discounts, according to new Digiday+ research.
- After acquiring PopSugar in fall 2019, the media company restructured its sales team around advertiser verticals and adopted sales incentives that pushed for the most profitable deals. More in this Digiday+ case study.
- Retail media accounts for roughly 15-25% of the media mix and total investment in retail media is generally up around 20% year-over-year for many brands. Read more about why more buyers are moving their dollars in this direction in this week’s Digiday+ Marketing Briefing.
- Despite its many positives, remote working has led to a spike in anxiety for many people and employers must work hard to ensure it doesn’t creep into hybrid-working setups.