Daily March 30
Advertisers have seemingly found promise in the small, silver screens of Hulu, Roku and other ad-supported streaming services. The digital advertising landscape has become increasingly crowded, expensive and harder to measure, thanks to recent data privacy regulations. All of the changes have pushed brands to look for alternative ways to get in front of consumers. Enter CTV/OTT. Read more below.
- More ad dollars are being spent in the CTV/OTT space as cord-cutting continues and brands look for alternative ways to get in front of consumers.
- Here’s a look at how BuzzFeed, Inc., Hearst, G/O Media, Gannett, the Los Angeles Times and Vox Media are faring in diversifying their workforces.
- In recent years, esports and gaming website Dexerto has grown its readership and social following. Now, it’s looking to make money off its loyal audience by acting as a bridge between brands and gamers.
- This week’s Digiday+ Future of TV Briefing looks at why programmatic guaranteed deals may be a particularly hot topic during this year’s upfront negotiations.
From our sister site, WorkLife:
- Are you a traditionalist or aspirational? A new study says understanding what drives employees may be integral to stemming resignations.
- Bosses take office air quality more seriously as employees demand it.
- WTF is Shybrid? Here’s an explanation. And here’s a glossary of running new terms as part of our “new normal.”