Daily July 18
What if…Google parts ways with its ad stack? The Justice Department is likely to rebuff reported offers from Google-parent Alphabet to restructure its ad tech business with many now envisaging industry-wide changes. Digiday probed the numbers and worked out potential outcomes.
- Stagwell has purchased SaaS platform Apollo Program and plans to incorporate the company into its Stagwell Marketing Cloud unit, Digiday has learned.
- Will the recession the media industry is sliding into boost programmatic buying of media, or hinder it? Depends on who you talk to. This week’s Digiday+ Media Buying Briefing addresses this question and more.
- Five years after its debut, NBCUniversal News’s Stay Tuned has expanded to TikTok and plans to restart its YouTube channel and roll out a documentary in the fall. Digiday spoke with Catherine Kim, svp of global digital news at NBCU News Group, about Stay Tuned and more.
- Twitter acquisition deal gets messy, Netflix partners with Microsoft for advertisement subscription. More in this Digiday DealBook.
- Some journalism job seekers are feeling the impact of media companies’ hiring slowdowns.