Daily August 9
A recovery is taking shape — but it is especially uneven. In many ways, the lack of consensus on the future is to be expected. Yes, everyone is living through the same pandemic but their experiences through it differ. And it’s this unevenness that’s making it harder for marketers to get a read on how the recovery will play out. Read more below.
- The global rebound is proving robust but chaotic for the advertising community.
- Can agencies and their would-be clients change the arduous RFP process? Do they even want to? The answers are maybe and mostly yes. Read more in this week’s Digiday+ Media Buying Briefing.
- Media employees react to their companies postponing official office reopenings, as COVID-19 cases continue to rise across the U.S.
- Triller is making a play at long form content and live streaming to move out of TikTok’s shadow. But until the platform builds up its audience, advertisers aren’t ready to invest.
- Employers are deciding how they will adopt hybrid work models to keep employees happy and productive.