Daily August 5
Instagram has notified creators that it will be eliminating its affiliate commerce program on Aug. 31, according to creator industry executives.
- Ad tech firm Quantcast has reduced headcount by 6% across its global footprint, Digiday has learned.
- Seller-defined audiences are one of a cacophony of alternatives to third-party cookies that have the potential to make headway after Google delayed the death of the cookie again. But SDAs’ path is not clear-cut.
- ESPN and BSSP have teamed up for their first live-action collaboration on a new campaign to attract fantasy football players.
- Marketers have long seen a gold mine in Pinterest that many felt was left nascent. But as the platform has hastened its expansion of advertising offerings, media buyers say it has a ways to go to compete in the commerce race.
- With the auto ad marketplace confused by shortages, Max Connect offers up a new platform to help optimize and generate better conversion rates.
- As live esports events make a gradual return, organizers have struggled to make them attractive to an audience accustomed to spectating from the air-conditioned comfort of their computer rooms. By capitalizing on the passion of the fighting game community, this weekend’s upcoming Evolution Championship Series might crack the code.