Daily April 13
To get a better sense of how regular consumers are approaching the metaverse, Digiday has pulled key insights from five data reports and surveys regarding consumer sentiments and activity in the space. Read more below.
- How do consumers really feel about the metaverse?
- This week’s Digiday+ Future of TV Briefing looks at the growing push among TV network owners to get advertisers to expand their upfront deals’ demographic targets.
- Publishers have been talking about diversification for as long as the tech companies have insisted they’re not media owners. The challenge for publishers, however, is moving beyond charging people to read content to make money.
- A senior creative director with more than 20 years of experience talks about the job hunt at nearly 60 years old, age discrimination and why the DE&I conversation should include age.
- Almost a year after Apple cost the ad industry billions with ATT, its CEO Tim Cook backs a federal privacy law.
- The Recount’s three-hour-long daily live news show wants to encourage discussions with young viewers and draw in brand marketing interest.
From our sister site, WorkLife:
- Rather than continue to inflate salaries, many employers are leaning hard on benefits as an alternate way to get money into their employees’ pockets.
- Stephanye Blakely didn’t realize it at the time, but it was just the thing she needed to leave the monotonous warehouse job to pursue a career in software engineering.