In a bid to break into the crowded space that is the acne solution remedies as well as target teens in their natural environment, Galderma brand Benzac is launching a “Mean Girls”-inspired Instagram soap opera today. The 22-episode-long series chronicles the struggles of four high school friends who aspire to become like “The Benzacs” — the blemish-free, flawless popular kids in school. “Rather than traditional messaging coming from the voice of the brand, we used a representation of the target themselves to deliver the message,” said George Decker, group creative director at Deutsch New York.
Category Archives: Brands
- The Wall Street Journal’s native approach: ‘If it looks like a puff piece, nobody’s going to read it.’
- Publishers take ad-targeting cues for Facebook posts
- Why TV is still crushing digital video, in 5 charts
- The Washington Post takes an Amazon-inspired approach to native ad targeting
- Copyranter: Native advertising on editorial websites doesn’t work