Amazon told its sellers yesterday to stop selling Google and Apple streaming devices from its stores in a combative effort to force people to choose its own gadget over its competitors. While the move seems smart in Amazon’s eyes, an analyst tells Digiday that it will hurt consumers since there’s now fewer options to buy the devices. In Amazon’s eyes, it hope to boost subscribers to Prime, but that “likely” won’t happen.
Category Archives: Brands
- What happens when you have a ‘black people’ Advertising Week panel without black people
- To compete with Facebook and Google, publishers step up their ad-targeting game
- How millennials killed the focus group
- What’s on Martin Sorrell’s mind: ‘We need to rename advertising’
- 5 things brands need to know about centennials
Get Digiday Daily