UK November 30
Mobile gaming is an ever-growing facet of the global esports market, and esports company ESL Gaming has adjusted its approach to competitive gaming accordingly. “A game becomes an esport when people are organizing competition around it,” said Patrick Naud, head of mobile at Square Enix. “And the growth in mobile is getting there, more and more.” Read more below.
- ESL views the growth of mobile esports as an inevitability, the result of the increasing computing power of smartphones and other mobile devices.
- As more people move to shop online, the lines between Black Friday and Cyber Monday blur, making it harder for advertisers to stand out online. More in this Digiday+ Marketing Briefing.
- Advertisers are trying to overcome the fallacy of socially responsible media buying.
- Less than one-fifth of publisher and agency professionals said that their employers were requiring all employees to get vaccinated, according to new Digiday+ research.
- The cannabis industry continues to morph into a legitimate and possibly lucrative vertical for media agencies to pursue, as cannabis brands raise their marketing game to new heights.
- For Condé Nast, 2021 was the best year the company has had in the past decade, according to global chief revenue officer Pamela Drucker Mann. And after a tumultuous 2020, that outcome was neither guaranteed nor expected.