UK November 23
BuzzFeed and TikTok signed a year-long deal in which BuzzFeed will premiere multiple live video series on the social media platform and TikTok will secure sponsors for the shows. The deal marks the first time TikTok is working with a media company to sell sponsorships against weekly live shows on the platform. Read more below.
- BuzzFeed and TikTok will experiment with layering branded content into Live episodes on the platform, as well as how to establish predictable viewership for livestream videos.
- Procter & Gamble is an early mover — as to be expected from the largest advertiser in the business — but it’s not alone in continuing to move various marketing capabilities in-house despite the pandemic. More in this Digiday+ Marketing Briefing.
- Running both editorial and branded TikTok channels has given Gallery Media a clearer understanding of what audiences are willing to watch and engage with on the social media platform.
- Regardless of size, publishers are taking a careful approach to incorporating alternate identifiers into their businesses. More in this Digiday+ research.
- Outbrain and Taboola are using M&A to prove differentiation as public companies.