Daily June 6
The exit of Meta’s chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg is undoubtedly a momentous moment in its history, a departure that comes as the social media giant seeks to mold its next incarnation in the metaverse. Here are the questions on media buyers’ minds.
- Food52 let go 21 employees across the company, accounting for 15% of staff.
- As TikTok continues to prove itself as a cultural hub, plant-based food brand Silk is investing in content on the short-form video app to tap into cultural moments.
- Some digital media buyers are focusing on reducing the impact on the environment of digital marketing, even though clients aren’t yet asking for that rigor. More in this Digiday+ Media Buying Briefing.
- Over the last year, direct-to-consumer period care brand Viv has focused marketing efforts on TikTok, using the platform to boost brand awareness and educate consumers about how to use their menstrual cup.
- In today’s edition of Digiday DealBook: Shareholders filed a class-action suit against Musk, Shutterstock acquired Splash news to bolster its editorial offering and more.