Daily July 7
In the weeks since the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, pro-choice groups such as Planned Parenthood and others are increasing online advertising around the topic of abortion to build momentum and educate people about changes nationally and in various states.
- It pays to be a rational optimist for marketers these days. After all, this downturn will eventually recover. Then again, it’s hard to be optimistic when there’s no end in sight. At best, there’s a recession next year. At worst, this may be the beginning of a depression. For now, all marketers can do is make educated bets. Read more about what might be ahead here.
- In this week’s Digiday+ Media Briefing, media editor Kayleigh Barber assesses the state of the media business after a first half of the year that has not gone as publishers expected coming into 2022.
- Working with creators has helped Bleacher Report’s social-first vertical bring in additional advertising and sponsorship revenue.
- Hippo, the home insurance provider founded in 2015, is using YouTube, Twitter and streaming to introduce its brand to homeowners with its first brand campaign. Read more about the strategy.
- How beauty brands are confronting the reality of providing abortion access.
- Is tying C-suite bonuses to DEI targets the answer to greater workplace equality?