UK November 2
Omnicom shuffled its leadership on Monday, elevating its top media-side executive to a leadership position across the creative sides too. Daryl Simm, the longtime global CEO of Omnicom Media Group (OMG), becomes president and COO of the parent company, reporting to global CEO John Wren. The move is a testament to the importance of media-side knowledge and acumen as technology deeply affects the creative side of the business. Read more below.
- The promotion of a media-side CEO to the parent company is a testament to the importance of media knowledge and acumen as technology deeply affects the creative side of the business.
- Marketers and agency execs say that some brands are already starting to run sales they would typically reserve for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. More in this week’s Digiday+ Marketing Briefing.
- The so-called Great Resignation is leaving many agencies short-handed at a time when they need skilled people more than ever.
- A decade in, The Verge has stuck to its original editorial vision but recently has expanded into subscriptions, events and the TV screen.
- The share generating large portions of their revenue selling products to readers is comparable to the share that’s turned events or content licensing into a big business, according to new Digiday+ research.