Daily September 22
Vice News looks to Twitch, TikTok to develop audience trust and engagement
Twitch and TikTok have become a key part of Vice News’ audience development strategy, EIC Katie Drummond said during day two of the Digiday Publishing Summit.
- Publishers candidly shared the current challenges they’re facing at the back half of 2022 during this week’s Digiday Publishing Summit. More in this Digiday+ Media Briefing.
- Peppered with criticisms from separate global government bodies over its use of public data, the ad industry’s digital vanguard is convening at Dmexco this week where transparency is being preached from the pulpit.
- Penguin Random House released a new tool to tap TikTok’s major #BookTok trend while also helping users discover books and engage with fellow readers.
- Consultancy UpperRight has set its sights solidly on the middle market, guided by its two co-founders who both have decades of consulting and agency chops between them. Here’s what they had to say in conversation.
- Teads is enhancing its media offering by adding connected TV ad inventory, allowing brands potential access to some 2 billion unique users.
- Halloween vibes: Chucky: A Killer Wit Beer is now available, thanks to a partnership between alcohol brewing company Elysian Brewing and NBCUniversal.
- As data privacy regulations muddy Facebook and Instagram targeting capabilities, one supplement startup is turning its attention to building community on TikTok.