Code of Conduct at Digiday Events
Digiday is committed to facilitating a welcoming and respectful environment for all. This Conference Code of Conduct shares our expectations and applies to all attendees, employees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, and other participants at Digiday sponsored events. We empower all participants in our events to actively engage in creating a friendly and safe environment for all.
- Be kind and considerate. Respect personal space and common courtesy rules for personal interaction.
- Be mindful of others around you to ensure a great experience for your fellow participants.
- Refrain from displaying any demeaning, harassing, aggressive, or intimidating materials or behavior.
- Dress and behave in a professional manner.
- Do not damage private or communal property.
- Obey the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Promptly report any behavior that makes you or others feel uncomfortable to the nearest Digiday representative.
Inappropriate Behavior—Harassment, Aggression, and Intimidation
- Harassment, aggression, and intimidation are hurtful and interfere with other people’s experience and participation in our community. These behaviors are inappropriate and unacceptable.
- These behaviors can be related to, but not limited to: race, color, creed, gender (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, religion (including religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partner status, genetic information, age, national origin or ancestry, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Inappropriate behavior can take many forms such as slurs; jokes; derogatory statements; foul or obscene language; offensive clothing; leering; stalking; staring; gestures; pictures, drawings or cartoons; violating personal space by impeding or blocking another person’s movement or otherwise physically interfering with them; harassing photography or recordings; unwanted or offensive letters or poems; offensive email or voicemail messages; or social media postings.
Consequences of Inappropriate Behavior
Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. If asked to stop behaving inappropriately, you should comply immediately.
- Digiday reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any party from the event at any time. All determinations are at the sole discretion of Digiday, and the decision of the most senior Digiday representative will be final.
- Breaches of this Conference Code of Conduct may result in disqualification from participating in future events.
- Individuals expelled due to violating this Conference Code of Conduct will not be eligible for a refund or other consolation.
What to Do about Inappropriate Behavior
If you witness or are subjected to inappropriate behavior or have any other concerns, notify a Digiday staff member as soon as possible.
If you have questions regarding this Conference Code of Conduct or its implementation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.