Turner PR, a national boutique PR and digital communications firm, is looking for a digital content ace to join our team in our Denver or New York offices. This role has an emphasis on creative writing and storytelling for our portfolio of clients, across a variety of mediums. Additionally, the selected candidate will act as the editor and brand-steward to ensure that voice in written communications appropriately aligns with our clients’ brands.
Our ideal candidate has three of more years of professional creative writing experience, preferably in an agency setting, using multiple brand voices.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Supports content and digital strategies for our domestic and international brands
- Writes, edits and repurposes original client content for mediums including, but not limited to blog posts, long form narratives, photo captions, social media content calendars, email blasts, infographics, videos etc.
- Drafts content that builds brands and strengthens market presence
- Conducts research for content as needed, which may include a variety of sources including interviewing expert sources
- Monitors trends within clients’ industries to ensure that writing tone and voice are consistent with brand and industry standards
- May coordinate a team of third-party content providers to assist with content development for larger campaigns, as needed
- May be required to identify third-party talent to develop content for photos and/or videos
- Brainstorms creative content opportunities for existing and potential clients
- Contributes to and updates Turner PR blog and social media channels using innovative content
- Stays abreast of current industry news and content development trends
- Leverages social media to identify ways to integrate social networking into other communications strategies (i.e. digital, PR, etc.)
- Assists with client relations through meetings, conference calls, events and general contact, as needed
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Three or more years of copywriting or digital content creation experience; agency or publishing experience preferred
- Solid creative writing skills; capable of adapting an evolving voice for established brands
- Strong writing skills with the ability to build and develop a client’s brand through the written content
- Ability to effectively write content using multiple voices to reach identified audiences
- Ability to develop innovative written content that aligns with developed strategies and identified objectives
- Proven experience identifying brand challenges and presenting solutions to overcome obstacles
- Has a working knowledge of the digital media and content marketing landscape
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented with an organized approach
- Uses social media tools regularly and has experience integrating social media into broader campaign strategies
- Passion for the travel, tourism and lifestyle industries with a creative approach to content development
- BA or BS in Creative Studies, Creative Writing, English, Journalism, Communications or related fields
Other ways to WOW us:
- If you’ve spent some time exploring the world
- If you have a personal hobby or interest involving anything remotely relevant to our client portfolio. Climbing mountains? Serious foodie? Building orphanages in Africa? So do we, and our authenticity with clients is important to us.
- You’ve published anything, anywhere – anything from a personal blog to bylined articles; please include the links
- Any technical skills that you want to highlight (i.e. photography, videography, SEO, coding, etc.)
About Turner Public Relations
Turner Public Relations is a boutique public relations and digital communications firm with two offices, in Denver, CO and New York, NY. Our corporate culture is aligned with the brands we represent; our diverse team of professionals embraces a “work hard, play hard” motto. We have two highly specialized, aligned divisions: travel and tourism, and active lifestyle clients. We offer public relations and digital communications services for top national and international brands. Clients include tourism offices, tour companies, hotel brands and individual resorts as well as gear, apparel, footwear, headwear and accessories.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume, portfolio, cover letter and salary requirements here: https://turnerpr-fahlgrenmortine.icims.com/jobs/1140/copywriter%2c-digital-content-producer/job.
Please, no phone calls – however, we’re open to any other creative communications you may want to try.
Turner PR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.