Job Category: Publishing / Media Company
Type of Job: PR
Position: Full Time
Location: New York , New York
We are seeking a smart and experienced digital professional to join our amazing New York digital team. We have an opportunity for a Vice President to help manage social media strategy and implementation for a global consumer electronics brand. This person will be responsible for developing an enterprise and brand-level social media strategy, managing a multi-disciplinary account team, and collaborating in an inter-agency setting to concept and activate integrated marketing programs
We focus on the intersection of culture, commerce and media, assisting brands in leveraging digital and social tools to further engage their markets in ways that lead to improved relevance, affinity and preference….and ultimately, revenue. We combine deep digital expertise with Edelman’s incredible communication credentials to create integrated and effective communications and experiences for our clients.
We are at a critical juncture in communications where the online market conversation has never been louder, further reaching, nor more active. Social media and digital marketing are now not “nice to haves” in the communications mix, they are essential to a brand’s overall image and success.
- We are looking for someone with deep social media expertise both from a strategy and execution standpoint. The ideal candidate will be a blend of Digital Strategist + Social Platform Expert + Account Manager.
- An experienced account manager to interface with senior clients, drive programs forward, and mobilize and motivate account teams
- Ideal candidate will have experience working on behalf of an OEM, a carrier, a media/entertainment company or a global consumer brand.
- An accomplished strategist who is experienced leading social media strategy/programs at scale on behalf of top brands.
- At least eight years of relevant experience in digital marketing, and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing. The Vice President should have a bachelor’s degree, superior client service mentality, outstanding presence and leadership, be extremely detail-oriented and proactive
- Must have strong creative mind and experience creating relevant and engaging programs
- Ability to translate social media trends, technologies and strategies into plain English
- Ability to transition effortlessly from visionary planner to hands-on executor as situations demand it
Some of the responsibilities of the Vice President include:
- Build strong relationships with clients as the day-to-day client contact
- Manage, supervise, and motivate (7+) account team members
- Play a major role in the research, planning and development of comprehensive digital and social programs
- Address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Successfully launch products and programs
- Evaluate campaign results against objectives
- Assist in successfully growing existing accounts
- Actively manage profitability, client budgets, out of pocket expenses, and limit write-offs and other debt.
- Coordinate with Edelman Digital’s design, production, and analytics teams to deliver programs on time and on budget
- Provide support in closing new business opportunities through the development and execution of presentations and proposals.
Edelman is the world’s largest public relations firm, with 67 offices and more than 4,800 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 30 cities. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade in 2009 and one of its “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011; Adweek’s “2011 PR Agency of the Year;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” and The Holmes Report’s “2011 Global Agency of the Year” and its 2012 “Digital Agency of the Year.” Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012 and among Glassdoor’s top ten “Best Places to Work” in 2011 and 2012. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Berland (research), Blue (advertising), BioScience Communications (medical communications), and agencies Edelman Significa (Brazil), and Pegasus (China). Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information. Edelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply