Job Category: Publishing / Media Company
Type of Job: Creative Services
Position: Full Time
Location: New York , New York
Compensation: Competitive, Healthcare and Bonuses
Digiday, a media company and community for digital media, marketing and advertising professionals is seeking a staff writer. The ideal candidate will have experience writing for a digital and/or print publication, a fluency with digital media, branding and advertising, has excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, is detail-oriented with the ability to cultivate sources, break news, and provide insight and analysis for an entrepreneurial, fast growing company.
- Generating story ideas about the digital publishing, advertising and branding industries
- Cultivating sources in those industries to help expand and deepen Digiday’s authoritative coverage
- Writing at least one clear, concise, well-sourced and reported 500-800 word story a day, as well as shorter, punchier blog posts
- Working with a team of other reporters and editors to generate ideas and share insight
- Assisting at Digiday events by participating in conferences and on panels about the industries we cover
To apply, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org three links to published pieces and two ideas for stories that would fit on Digiday.